- This event has passed.
Girls in Engineering and Robotics Symposium (GEARS)
The Andover Robotics Club is proud to host the first Girls in Engineering and Robotics Symposium (GEARS) on October 1st, 2022 at Andover High School, open to all FTC participants in gender minorities. This event gives the girls of FTC teams an opportunity to meet, network, and learn.
BUT you have to REGISTER to attend – and you have to register by Sept 25th! No fee to attend, and Lunch is provided!
Register to attend here: https://forms.gle/
This event will consist of 4 tracks
- Role Models
- Examples of women in careers in Engineering and Robotics and the paths they took to achieve their success?
- The Next Step
- Choosing colleges, undergraduate vs graduate degrees
- Technical Workshops: Building the FTC robot – some skills that would be useful
- Examples: Soldering, linear slides, public speaking
- Celebrating being a GEAR (What does being a girl add to your team? )
- How to brag about your accomplishments and building an all girls FTC team
We are building a great schedule of professionals – and more are adding every day. You’ll want to be here – the place to meet and greet other FTC members in gender minorities.
BUT Sept 25th is the LAST day to register. https://forms.gle/