Greetings 2021-2022 FIRST Tech Challenge Team Mentors!
Registration for the 2022-2023 FTC Season Now Open – Kickoff September 10th, 2022
FIRST has opened registration for the 2022-2023 FIRST Tech Challenge POWER PLAY season https://info.
We will have more details on Kickoff – including location – to share over the coming few weeks – stay tuned!
Please share the following with interested high-school sophomore, junior and senior members of your team.
BTI is offering a limited number of unpaid internships for 10-12th grade youth team members of the MA FTC community running for 8 weeks between June 27 – August 20.
Applicants will gain experience, mentorship, and have the ability to collaborate with members of the BTI team, other interns, and FTC community on innovative and imaginative projects that will benefit FTC in MA, as well as provide the intern with future recommendations, opportunities, and ability to cite internship work on college and career applications/resumes.
The internship will comprise work on technical and non-technical project(s) proposed and led by the intern that will benefit the Massachusetts FTC community and contribute to BTI finding new and exciting ways to support and grow teams, mentors and volunteers.
We will be looking for creative and original projects pitches that include:
- Framework of an execution and review plan (to be further built out over course of the internship)
- Metrics (i.e., how do you define “success”) and deliverables with realistic completion timelines and resource requirements
- An explanation of how the project will elevate the BTI/MA Greater FTC community.
- Social Media/BTI website improvement (e.g., improved resources for teams)
- BTI training robot build for outreach
- Team Growth/Diversity and Inclusion Expansion
- Event improvement ideas and planning
- Volunteer engagement and recognition
- Strategic partner and sponsor relationship
- Your suggested topic!
A minimum of 10 hours per week is required and the intern will be asked to document how they spend their time.
- Interns will be welcome to collaborate on project ideas with each other, and in some cases, students that submit proposals of common interest may be grouped together at the discretion of BTI
- Project work will mostly be remote, but students may be asked to work/meet one or more dates at the BTI Offices in Cambridge or other Project Sites dependent on the project
- Opportunities to support off-season and 2022-2023 event planning/preparation will be provided to all interns regardless of chosen project topic
- Opportunities to provide feedback and help build and improve the BTI internship program
Each applicant is asked to submit the following by June 3:
- Internship Project Proposal limited to no more than three (3) pages
- One (1) Mentor Letter of Recommendation
Submit Applications To: Internship Manager Wayne (Penn) at email@example.com
Notification Date: Applicants will be notified by June 10 via email of their internship status.
Many thanks in advance, we very much look forward to working with our interns over the summer.
Have a great weekend!
Deb and Wayne