Greetings 2021-2022 Massachusetts FIRST Tech Challenge Teams,
Important Manual Updates
There have been some important manual updates. Please be sure to download the most recent versions of the following manuals. All updates are noted in the revision history of each document.
- Game Manual Part 1 – Traditional
- Game Manual Part 1 – Remote
- Game Manual Part 2 – Remote
Christa McAuliffe Silver Dollar Raffle
Enter the 2022 FIRST Mentoring Month raffle for a chance to win one of TEN 2021 Christa McAuliffe Silver Dollars, an exclusive item no longer available for purchase. This commemorative coin celebrates the life of Christa McAuliffe and the impact of educators everywhere.
The raffle ends at 11:59 P.M. ET on January 31, 2022. Winners will be notified via email. Enter the Mentoring Month Raffle today!
Best of luck to all that enter!
FIRST Mentor Network Platform (U.S. & Canada Only)
The FIRST Mentor Network sponsored by NI is an interactive platform allowing teams and interested mentors to easily find each other for virtual or in-person mentorship. This community platform provides new and returning teams access to passionate, engaged mentors,
To access, please Login to your Dashboard and go to the Volunteer Registration Tab where you will see FIRST Mentor Network.
PWC “Access Your Potential” Opportunity for College Students (U.S. Only)
FIRST directly provides and curates resources for its participants long after they’ve graduated from its programs through their Alumni initiatives. PWC’s Access Your Potential commitment, which helps support a more equitable future for 25,000 Black and Latinx college students to prepare for and begin an in-demand career, is one such resource.
When college students sign up for Access Your Potential, they will receive access to:
- Engage through an online platform inspiring career awareness and know-how
- Mentorship to support college students through mentoring pods, networking, and real-life skill application to boost student success
- Upskilling through Access Your Potential’s career readiness and digital skills curricula via ProEdge, a PwC product
- Access to a career readiness platform to help launch their future career
Wayne (FTC co-partner and Head Ref) wants to make sure teams are aware of the following:
- If the Team Shipping Element obscures or covers the center of the pole in the cup of the Team Shipping Element but is touching or supported by Cargo or Freight it should count as CAPPED per Q&A Q40. The Game Design Committee does not want to discourage teams from playing the most difficult tasks of capping or aggressively scoring on level 3.
- Teams must meet all three (3) parts of the Delivery sequence for a Duck Delivery to be scored. While a team member may hold or ready ducks while the carousel is in motion, teams may not place ducks on a moving carousel per GS9h.
- Please thoroughly read the appropriate Game Manuals (Remote and/or Traditional) and read/utilize the Game Forum Q&A for additional game play questions prior to your upcoming events.