Greetings MA FIRST Tech Challenge Teams,
We are finding it hard to believe July is almost over, but the great news for us in FTC is this means Kickoff for the Power Play season is not far away. We are looking forward to seeing familiar and new faces soon!
Kickoff – September 10th – Needham High School
We are pleased to announce that the Power Play season Kickoff will be held in-person this year on September 10th at Needham High School.
We will have a full Agenda to share with you shortly, so please stay tuned. In the meantime, please mark your calendars!
Rookie Teams: Kickoff includes not only the Game Reveal, but key season information, workshops, a game Q&A after the reveal, and the opportunity to network with other teams. We are excited to have you join us at Kickoff!
BTII Robot In X Weeks Challenge – Survey of Event Interest
Our BTI summer interns (from our MA FTC teams/community) have been hard at work on their projects, including planning for a potential post Kickoff scrimmage-like event. In order to assess interest in this event, our interns have prepared a brief survey.
Please click on this link: https://forms.gle/
Thank you in advance for your time and for supporting our interns (and BTI) in this effort.
Off Season Event August 20th
Thank you all who have responded to our request for a show of interest in this event; it is greatly appreciated.
If you are a team who did not see the original request, and have not yet responded, we are providing the information again below. We kindly ask you respond no later than COB this Wednesday, August 3rd (and, if you are a team who has responded and your original response has changed, please let us know) asap by replying to this email as requested below.
Event Status: At this time, we do not have enough “yes” responses to hold the event as planned. Should we get sufficient “yes” responses this week the event will go on as planned. This said, if we do not get enough “yes” responses, we will still look to hold a modified event (details TBD) so if you are a “yes” team or a “maybe team leaning toward yes” please still hold the 20th and plan to attend!
Original Email/Off-Season Event sent July 17th, 2022
In planning for the Off-Season Event supported by our Boston Tech Interns we are reaching out to get a sense of how many of you will be interested in participating.
- Date – August 20th (if we have better than expected team interest, we may look to extend event through August 21 to accommodate)
- Location – MIT Hockey Rink, the site of what inspired FIRST Dr. Woodie Flower’s 270 Finals Competition, now 2.007!
- Time: – Full day event, start and end times TBD
- 32 Teams – We are looking to hold a 32-team event, but this could change depending on team interest. We will be opening event up to FTC teams in the other New England states but will give preference to our MA teams.
- Cost – $150 to $175 range
- Event Activities – In addition to super fun robot play, we are looking to incorporate the following:
- Keynote speakers
- College and Sponsor Booths
- Tours of campus and labs
- Game changes (adding fun to how the game is played!)
Again, per above, if you can please reply to this email with a “yes!” or “maybe” or “would love to but unfortunately can’t” by COB this Wednesday August 3rd, we would greatly appreciate it.
Have a great weekend everyone and don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions. We are excited for the upcoming season!
Deb and Wayne